Chaucer announces two senior promotions
Specialty (re)insurance group, Chaucer, has announced two senior promotions reflecting further advancement of strong leaders throughout the Company. The changes include the following –
- Kelan Hunt, promoted to Active Underwriter, Syndicate 1084*
- Paul Restarick, promoted to Head of Non-Marine Insurance
Kelan Hunt, who joined Chaucer in 2015, will continue in his role as Head of Marine, Energy and Aviation as he becomes the Active Underwriter of Chaucer’s main Lloyd’s syndicate. Kelan brings over 30 years of underwriting, broking and leadership experience to his new role.
Paul Restarick has been with the firm for over a decade and was previously Casualty and Political Lines Manager. He has over 20 years’ industry experience in underwriting leadership, portfolio management and risk management.
Chaucer’s outstanding Insurance underwriting leadership team comprises of:
- Nicola Stacey, Chief Underwriting Officer
- Xamira Groves, Head of Insurance
- Kelan Hunt, Head of Marine, Energy and Aviation and Active Underwriter, Syndicate 1084
- Paul Restarick, Head of Non-Marine Insurance
- Michael Dawson, Active Underwriter of the Nuclear Syndicate, 1176
- Jonathan Sutcliffe, General Manager and Head of Underwriting Chaucer Insurance Company.
The leadership changes will also see Ed Lines, Active Underwriter of Syndicate 1084 and Colin Clulow, Head of Property Division retire at the end of the year.
John Fowle, CEO of Chaucer says: “Chaucer is in the enviable position of being able to build continuously on the strength and experience of its highly capable Insurance leadership team to drive the business forward to deliver better solutions to our customers.”
“In their new positions, Kelan and Paul will play vital roles in ensuring Chaucer’s continued strong performance and commitment to our brokers and clients”.
“These leadership changes will have a positive impact on achieving our strategic goals. Each member of the team has a strong track record of leadership, robust business performance and championing change at Chaucer.”
Nicola Stacey, CUO of Chaucer adds: "These changes are examples of our ongoing commitment to evolving as a company and the development of our highly capable underwriting management bench to support the achievement of our strategic goals,"
“We are extremely grateful for Ed and Colin’s years of service at Chaucer and wish them both well for the future.”
* (subject to regulatory approval)